In my previous two posts, I shared with you my 2014 NBA Preview: Eastern Conference Top 8 Teams Playoff Seeding Predictions as well as my 2014 NBA Preview: Western Conference Top 8 Teams Playoff Seeding Predictions. Now it's time to see how I see the NBA playoffs and the NBA finals.
Let's start out with the Eastern Conference:
1. Chicago Bulls defeat 8. New Jersey Nets
2. Washington Wizards defeat 7. Charlotte Hornets
3. Cleveland Cavaliers defeat 6. New York Knicks
5. Miami Heat defeat 4. Toronto Raptors
The Bulls are significantly better than the Nets. Jersey stands no chance in a 7 game series. It would be a major accomplishment if they win a single game. The Washington Wizards clearly have the Charlotte Hornets outclassed in my opinion. I think the Hornets could steal a game, maybe two, but that's about it. Perhaps I might be biased, but I think The Knicks could get 2 games out of Cleveland, but I really don't see them beating a fully healthy Cavs team with Lebron. I see the Heat upsetting the Raptors in 7 games being lead by a playoff tested Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
1. Chicago Bulls defeat 5. Miami Heat
3. Cleveland Cavaliers defeat 2. Washington Wizards
I think Miami can get 2 games out of the Bulls. However, the Bulls just have too much firepower for the Heat to be able to defeat them without LeBron James. Even though I have the Wizards finishing higher than the Cavs, I believe that in a 7 game series, the Cavs will get the upper hand 4 games to 3.
1. Chicago Bulls defeat 3. Cleveland Cavaliers
This is going to be a hard fought series, but in the end, I believe The Bulls will beat the Cavs 4 games to 3 to make it to the NBA Finals
Now let's take a look at the Western Conference:
1. San Antonio Spurs defeat 8. Houston Rockets
2. Oklahoma City Thunder defeat 7. Dallas Mavericks
3. Los Angeles Clippers defeat 6. Memphis Grizzlies
4. Golden State Warriors defeat 5. Portland Trailblazers
The Spurs just have too much firepower and a legendary coach for the Rockets to be able to defeat them in a 7 game series. They may be able to get a game, but that's about it. I think the Mavericks are going to give Oklahoma City a run for their money. However, in the end, I see OKC winning 4 games to 3. I also think the Grizzlies are going to give the Clippers a run for their money as well. However, I think they will win 4 games to 3 in the end. The Warriors and Trailblazer series is going to be the best series in the playoffs. Every game will be close and the Warriors will win in 7.
1. San Antonio Spurs defeat 4. Golden State Warriors
2. Oklahoma City Thunder defeat 3. Los Angeles Clippers
Both of these series are going to be close. The Warriors should take at least 2 games from the Spurs if not 3. OKC and the Clippers are going 7 games. However, in the end, I believe the Spurs and the Thunder will prevail.
1. San Antonio Spurs defeat 2. Oklahoma City Thunder
This is going to go 7 games, however, I think the coaching of Gregg Popovich and the Spurs system will just be too much for the Thunder once again, even if everyone is healthy.
Here's my prediction for the NBA Finals
San Antonio Spurs defeat Chicago Bulls 4 games to 2. The Spurs just look like they are the best team in the NBA right now and even though the Bulls are dramatically improved, I don't think they have enough to defeat the Spurs yet.